BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Perfect Read for Summer: An Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck

I have been busy reading a ton of material to help prepare us for moving to Nicaragua.  The books have been amazing, life changing and full of pertinent information.  But to be perfectly honest,  I'm a little overwhelmed with all the heavy reading.   Since I love to read and wanted to choose another title from Waterbrook Multnomah*, I decided to look for something fun and light.  You know...easy summer reading.


cover.jpg

And I found it in The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck, by Kathleen Y'Barbo.  This book was perfect!  The story was absolutely delightful.  The characters were vibrant, fun and believable.  As someone who likes to make her own plans and not be controlled by anyone, I was able to identify closely with Charlotte.  

The book was about the perfect length and I was able to finish in one night (although I did stay up a little too late doing so).  The story is broken into two parts and I should have put it down for the night at the break, but the story was so interesting I just couldn't bear to not finish.  

I whole heartedly recommend this book to you if you're looking for something fun to read.  The story well written, the characters are likable and there is nothing inappropriate or cringe inducing.  All in all, I give this book a whole hearted 5 stars!

*WM provided this book to me, free of charge, for review purposes.  All opinions are my own. 

1 comments:

Suz D. said...

Jenni, I read the first two (and really enjoyed them), but haven't gotten to this one, yet. I am looking forward to it!