BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A week off

Over the weekend I was blessed to have the opportunity to just be me.

My beloved parents took the boys for the weekend so LT Wonderful and I could just be together, and it was wonderful.  [Although I did miss the boys terribly].

During the time by myself (Thursday afternoon and Friday) I really got to remember what life was like before I started thinking my given name was "mom".

*I had sole custody of the radio...I listened [geek alert] to my Phantom of the Opera and Rent songs as loud as I wanted to.  I forgot I had those songs on my ipod, and I forgot how much I enjoy them!

*I went out in the middle of the day!  I forgot that the world does still go on during nap time.  I haven't been out of the house to run errands between the hours of 1 and 3 in years.  YEARS.  And it was delightful.

*I went blackberry picking.  With the thorns, it's too dangerous to do it with the boys.  And it was a mostly whine-free picking session (LT W did whine a few times).

*I browsed at the craft store.

*I checked our Borders.  The clearance sales were disappointing.

*I worked out in the middle of the day.

*I woke up on Saturday morning and baked a cake.

*We went kayaking! And we didn't tip this time!

*We stayed out late.  And slept in late.

But most importantly, we reclaimed a bit of ourselves.  I made light of it in this post, but there are some days that I forget that my name is Jenni...I start to only think of myself as a wife and a mother, not a real person.  That is a dangerous first step to losing yourself in your children.

My goal for the next week is to incorporate some of the things I like into my daily routine.  Like the working out and listening to music I appreciate.

We'll see how it goes!


0 comments: