BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Finding a Goal

A couple of months ago I could honestly say that it had been about a year since exercise was a regular part of my life.  And it showed, not only in my pants size but in my general health levels as well.

Now, I can honestly say that I'm getting back into shape.  I don't get out of breath when I'm walking up hill.  In fact, Tate and I walk to school on a regular basis, and it's about two miles daily.  While I only worked out once last week, this week I worked out five times.  In the past two months I have had an average of four workouts per week.  This is progress!

But I'm starting to get bored.  Last week I was busy and didn't workout, this week I had no motivation.  I did workout, but it wasn't exciting.

So I'm looking for a program.  I think I'm going to do a Body for Life type of plan.  Probably not the eating, necessarily, but at least the workouts.  Hopefully that will help my motivation level for exercising.  I do well with goals and the goal to lose weight isn't enough.  As much as I love training for something, I have found that my training weight isn't my optimal weight (I gained a bit of weight marathon training and I believe I needed it, but I didn't feel my best).  So the plan is to find a set workout plan to cross the workouts off my list.  I'll let you know how that goes!

That said, I have lost 5 pounds since I started the challenge, so something must be working!


And, because I love you I'll share my favorite valentines day picture:


You're welcome :)

0 comments: